UFO ROUNDUP Volume 2 Number 35 • Neperos (2024)

Copy Link

Add to Bookmark


UFO ROUNDUP Volume 2 Number 35 • Neperos (1)

eZine lover(@eZine)

Published in


·26 Jun 2024

Volume 2
Number 35
September 14, 1997
Editor: Joseph Trainor
E-mail: Masinaigan@aol.com


On Wednesday, August 20, 1997, at 12:40 a.m., a woman driving on Route 53 in Hardin County, near Kenton, Ohio (population 8,576), spotted a triangular UFO overhead.

The witness told Tri-States Advocates for Scientific Knowledge (T.A.S.K.) that she "observed a triangular- shaped object with three white lights in a triangle configuration. The sighting lasted for one to two minutes as the object moved from the northeast to the southwest. The object moved at a steady pace slightly faster than an airplane. The object's altitude was bordering the cloud ceiling (8,000 feet), the lights occasionally dimming as it was obscured by clouds. There was a light rain falling at the time of the sighting." (Many thanks to Kenneth Young of T.A.S.K. for this report.)

On Saturday, September 6, 1997, at 5 a.m., two men driving on Interstate Highway 15 in Clearfield, Utah (population 17,982), about 30 miles (48 kilometers) north of Salt Lake City, sighted "a triangular craft with white lights at each point and a red light on top." The UFO was flying over Hill Air Force Base, a salt desert area just west of the Wasatch mountain range. (Many thanks to Ed Adcox, Utah state director of Skywatch International for this report.)


On Sunday, August 3, 1997, at 2 p.m., Ted Toal was standing on the deck of his home in Redding, California (population 41,995) with his 12-year-old son and the son's 8-year-old friend "when we saw a very bright fireball" rising in the southern sky at "maybe 60 degrees elevation." The UFO "moved across a good portion of the sky (maybe 80 degrees), passing roughly straight overhead." As the fireball reached a point "maybe 45 degrees elevation" in the northern sky, "it suddenly disappeared."

"My son said that it appeared to him that the object had exploded because he saw streaks of light coming from it in all directions the moment it happened," Ted reported.

"About five to ten minutes later, a second very bright fireball streaked across the sky, this time from the north-northeastern portion of the sky to the western portion, moving roughly at a 100-degree angle and reaching an elevation of 70 degrees. Its trajectory was roughly at right angles to the first fireball."

"As it reached the western portion of the sky, I could no longer see it because of a hedge near me that blocked it, but my son and his friend could still see it. They saw it suddenly turn at a 90-degree angle to the right and streak off. They are certain of that." (Email Interview)


Thursday, August 7, 1997, saw the Garth Brooks outdoor concert at New York City's Central Park, which drew a capacity crowd of 300,000. But a handful of country music fans spotted something else in the area.

"A few of us noticed a strange object in the sky to the east of Central Park," J.D. reported. "Right after Billy Joel played his first song, I glanced at the sky and saw a yellow or amber light over the trees to the east. It seemed to be staying still so I watched it a little longer. I noticed a light that seemed to sparkle or flare downward. At that point, I pointed it out to the people I was with. From then on, we all watched it move up and down in the sky. It also seemed to hover behind the trees."

"At one point, it seemed to change color to a light green, then back again. Soon after this, it rose in the sky and then zigzagged back down again at the same time" a light blue UFO appeared. The newcomer "seemed to come from behind, then disappeared to the left. At 9:15 p.m., it went below the treeline and stayed there. Before we left, we noticed that it was still visible in the sky but was hard to see with the lights from the concert." (Many thanks to Mike Broussard of CNE for forwarding J.D.'s report.)


On Saturday, August 30, 1997, at 7:50 p.m., residents of Sunningdale, Berkshire, UK gathered on Cobham Common to watch a bright light hover over the nearby town of Camberley, Surrey.

"Its altitude was at cloud level (10,000 feet or 3,030 meters--J.T.)," one witness reported. "The sky was broken cloud and dry at the time." The UFO "appeared as a very bright, magnesium-white cylindrical object of about the same size and speed of an aircraft. It was far too bright to be a conventional aircraft. It was pointing at 45 degrees going down and travelling north. It then changed shape and elongated to over twice its original size."

The UFO continued its northward descent and then "began stretching until it formed a crescent moon shape--like a C." After that, it disappeared. (USENET report.)


On Saturday, August 30, 1997, at about 1 a.m., Chris Maher and his wife were driving from Kenmare to Rosslare on Highway N72 in County Kerry, Eire when they spied a UFO. Kenmare is near Eire's Atlantic Ocean shore, 125 miles (190 kilometers) southwest of Dublin.

"Shortly after passing Rathmore on the road to Mallow," Chris reported, "I began noticing an array of hexagonal- shaped lights which appeared to be between 400 and 600 feet (off the ground--J.T.). The lights were first observed to the right of the road and then passed over the road, hovering for a few minutes over the center line. They then passed to the left of the road over open country" and paced the Mahers' car on a parallel course.

Chris said he wanted to stop, but his wife, who was terrified by the UFO's appearance, insisted that they continue on to Mallow. Chris pointed out that the night sky was clear with unlimited visibility. He described the UFO as "the array, whitish/light blue in color, seemed to be rotating in an eccentric pattern on two or more levels."

Unknown to the Mahers at the time, the newspaper Irish Mirror had reported a sighting of glowing "flying crucifixes" over Kerrystown. (See the Irish Mirror for August 30, 1997. Many thanks to Chris Maher for letting UFO ROUNDUP quote from his report.)


On Sunday, September 7, 1997, at 12:20 a.m., a fireball flew over central Italy and was seen by hundreds of people. Witnesses described it as a "bright light" in the sky, which changed into "a column of light, bluish white in color." Although the description is typical of a bolide, or detonating meteor, no sound was reported by the witnesses.

The object was seen in the provinces of Liguria, Emilia, Toscana, Umbria, Marche and Campagna. The case is being investigated by the Centro Italiano di Studi Ufologici (CISU).

(See the newspapers La Nazione, Il Tempo, Corriere Adriatico, Corriere di Arezzo, and Gazzetta di Palma for September 8, 1990. Grazie a Edoardo Russo of CISU for this report.)


During August, a daylight disc visited a base operated by the Ejercito de Chile (Chilean Army) in the Atacama Desert, not far from Antofa*gasta, the site of last month's UFO encounter.

According to Agrupacion de Investigaciones Ovniologicas (AION), the well-known Chilean UFO group, a Chilean Army platoon went on patrol in the afternoon and left one man behind on sentry duty. When the patrol returned, they found the soldier "scared to death."

While the platoon was gone, the unnamed soldier "saw a metallic oval-shaped object about 100 meters (330 feet) away and suspended about two meters (7 feet) from the ground. The object was 10 meters (33 feet) in diameter."

AION is also investigating the reported crash of a UFO at Osorno in southern Chile in January 1997. "Some farmers and cowboys saw a bright object fall from the sky. At first they thought it was a meteor, but when it slowed down and made a movement like a falling leaf, they started doubting. The object landed and could be seen with binoculars. The object was bright and metallic-looking."

The following day, however, when a curious witness tried to reach the site, he was halted by a fully-armed Chilean Army patrol about one kilometer from the spot.

According to AION president Rodrigo Fuenzalida, the platoon "told him to leave and said that they had orders to shoot, if necessary."

For the next two days, people in Osorno reported seeing many helicopters fly over the town, heading for the reputed crash site. "The retrieval operation took two days to clean up whatever was there." (Muchas gracias a Luis Sanchez Perry para esas noticias.)


Black helicopters were very active during August, and one of them even intruded upon your editor's vacation in the USA's upper Midwest.

On Friday, August 29, 1997, at 3:30 p.m., a black helicopter was seen flying low over Albany, Oregon (population 26,546). According to an eyewitness, Mrs. Robert Walker, the machine had a strange-looking antennae array on its nose and flew over West Albany High School.

Another witness, Lee Wise, described the chopper as "a praying mantis." Others identified it as a CH-54 Sky Crane. (See the Albany, Oregon Democrat and Herald for August 30, 1997.)

On Saturday, August 23, 1997, at 3:25 p.m., your editor was walking down Lake Avenue in Duluth, Minnesota (population 90,000). Right in front of the Subway sandwich shop, I heard a loud helicopter sound and, turning to my left, spotted a charcoal gray helicopter hovering at an estimated altitude of 500 feet above the building across the street. Although the sky was overcast, the chopper had no running lights and no identifiable insignia.

It was not an American chopper. I know the configuration of all USA military helicopters, from the UH-1 to the AH-64 to the MD-520, and it wasn't any of those. The helicopter coming closest to the one I saw is the German MBB BO-105, but the fuselage was a bit longer than the BO-105, and its skids were a bit longer, too. The helicopter hovered in place for a full three minutes, and then it took off at high speed in a northeasterly direction, heading for the Hunter Park section of the city, with me kicking myself for leaving my Olympia camera back at the motel.

On Thursday, September 4, 1997, at 8:53 p.m., I was driving south on County Road 4 in Beaver Bay, Minnesota (population 300), on the north shore of Lake Superior. This time I had my fully-loaded camera in my jacket pocket. The sky was clear and cloudless, and the quarter-moon was just about to set. Only the planets were visible--the lingering sunset glow obscured the stars.

Suddenly, a strange greenish-white light exploded in the sky about five miles (8 kilometers) north of me. The flash was approximately 20 degrees above the forested horizon. Immediately I pulled over to the side of the road. As I opened the car door, a second flash-- identical to the first--exploded on the southeast horizon. This flash was right over Lake Superior, about ten or fifteen miles south of Shovel Point in Tettegouche State Park. As you can imagine, my heart was really pumping. Hands quivering with adrenalin shock, I aimed my camera at the horizon and waited. And waited. And waited. Forty-five minutes went by, and the phenomenon did not repeat itself. (Aaaaarrrgh!--J.T.)

A few days later, I talked to a woman at the Dewitt-Seitz Marketplace in Duluth. She told me that she had seen a black helicopter on Saturday, August 23, at 12:15 p.m. She had been taking her grandsons rollerblading in the municipal park/beach at the southern end of Park Point. The black helicopter came out of the southeast at a very high rate of speed, she said, flew over Park Point Beach, crossed St. Louis Bay and then "went like a bat out of hell over the ridge" in the Piedmont Heights section of the city. Her sighting took place three hours before mine.

On Monday, September 8, 1997, at 4:50 p.m., James D. and his girlfriend, Lillian R., were driving south on Post Road, aka Route 1, in the Davisville section of North Kingstown, Rhode Island, when they saw a black helicopter fly from east to west over the highway. Jim described the chopper as "a Huey" (UH-1), and Lill said its color was "coal-black."

The helicopter made a 90-degree turn southward after crossing the highway, Jim said. It then flew for "a half mile or so" in that direction, made another 90-degree left turn, and flew due east toward the old Quonset naval base. "We lost sight of it when we stopped for a red light," he added.

(Editor's Comment: As near as I can tell, Jim and Lill sighted their black helicopter two hours after I talked to my DeWitt-Seitz eyewitness. I left Duluth the following day to fly back to Rhode Island.)


Like everyone else, your editor was shocked and saddened by the death of Princess Diana and her friend, Emad (Dodi) al-Fayed, in Paris two weeks ago.

While most modern psychics seemed to have missed the boat on this tragedy, I wondered how the Babe Ruth of prediction, Nostradamus himself, had made out. Turns out the Old Master has hit another home run.

Check out this item--Century 2, Quatrain 28

"La penultieme du surnom de prophete
Prendra Diane pour son jour et repos
Loing vaguera par frenetique teste
En deliverant un grand peuple d'impos."

("The last son of the man with the Prophet's name
Will bring Diana to her day of rest.
At a distance they wander in frenetic grief
Delivering a great people from ruin.")

The father of Dodi al-Fayed, the owner of Harrod's department store, is named Mohammed, the name of the Islamic Prophet. The rest of Nostradamus's prophecy is self-evident.

It's strange how his prophecies always become perfectly obvious after the event.

(See the book NOSTRADAMUS--COUNTDOWN TO APOCALYPSE by Jean-Charles de Fontbrunne, Owl Edition, Henry Holt & Co., 1985, page 418.)


Princess Diana, Dodi al-Fayed and their driver, Henri Paul, were killed in a traffic tunnel near the bridge Pont d'Alma when their Mercedes crashed into a concrete pillar. It was reportedly the 13th pillar in the tunnel.

The Pont d'Alma was built in 1856 to commemorate an Allied victory in the Crimean War. Originally, there were four statues at the site, each representing a soldier from the four Allied nations. Today only one remains, ironically, a French Zouave in North African uniform.

Al-Fayed, an Egyptian, was born in North Africa.

Before the Roman conquest of Gaul, that spot on the Seine River was used for human sacrifice. An unknown number of Celtic princes and princesses willingly gave up their lives to the gods Hu and Ceridwen in elaborate ritual slayings.

In the 1670s, the French sorceress Catherine Deshayes, aka La Voisin, conducted rituals there. She and her companion, La Vigorieux, were arrested in 1679 and changed with plotting to kill King Louis XIV with poisons. In January 1680, Mlle. Deshayes was convicted of sedition, murder and sorcery. She was marched out of the Bastille in chains, down the Rue St. Antoine past the Hotel de Sully, and burned at the stake on the banks of the Seine, not far from the Pont d'Alma. (See LIFE IN FRANCE UNDER LOUIS XIV by John Laurence Carr, G.P. Putnam's Sons, New York, NY 1966, pages 148 and 150.)

Another sorceress named Catherine also liked that spot. She was Catherine Theot (1716-1794), the notorious sorceress of the French Revolution. Mlle. Theot held court at a house in the Rue de la Contrescarpe, which she purchased in 1782. Both the house and the Pont d'Alma were the sites of Illuminati conclaves. A defrocked Carthusian monk and Illuminatus named Dom Gerle was her right-hand man. Theot and Gerle were also confidantes of the revolutionist Maximilien Robespierre.

The Theot sect was finally arrested in 1794 by the Committee of General Security (revolutionary secret police--J.T.), but Robespierre tried to keep Mlle. Theot from coming to trial, mainly because she "claimed to be the mother of an impending Messiah and proclaimed Robespierre to be the herald of the Last Days, the prophet of the New Dawn." (See CITIZENS--A CHRONICLE OF THE FRENCH REVOLUTION by Simon Schama, Alfred A. Knopf, New York, NY 1992, page 840.)

Robespierre lost his bid, fell from power and was guillotined later that year. (See the book ROBESPIERRE by Jean Matrat, Charles Scribner's Sons, New York, NY 1971.) The Illuminati of the Theot sect were also executed.

(Editor's Comment: Of all the Illuminati of that era, Catherine Theot is surely the spookiest. She once said a "sacrifice of the saints" would precede "the New Dawn." Here's hoping she's dead wrong on that score!)

from the UFO Files:


On August 15, 1978, Roberto Rodriguez was asleep in the guest room of his sister's house in Chacez, a suburb of La Paz, the capital of Bolivia. Suddenly, he was jolted awake by "a buzzing sound."

"I climbed from the bed and walked to the window," Rodriguez reported. "And there it was--it looked like the fuselage of an airplane, but without wings or tail assembly. It was of a silvery color--and spotlessly clean, almost mirror-like. I saw no sign of life within the portholes dotting the sides of the craft. The entire craft gave off a sort of green light that pulsated, and it was just hovering there, and the light seemed to come from its underbelly."

"I was about the wake the rest of the household and have them come to the window, to see this for themselves, but it (the UFO) was gone in a flash."

After calming himself down, Rodriguez returned to bed. He said nothing about his encounter until a local newspaper reported that a woman in nearby Villa Mercado had seen an identical UFO on August 14, the night before his sighting. (See "Extraterrestrials Have Landed in Bolivia" by Leon P. Carter in the Autumn 1979 issue of UFO UPDATE magazine.)

FUN UFO WEBSITES UFOs ONLINE has moved! The new URL for this site is http://www.chipp.clara.net

Dan Brooks has a new webpage on UFOs. It's at http://www.ufoexperience.com

Don't miss the great new newsletter by Anthony Chippendale and Jeroen Wierda. It's called PUFORI UFO News, and you'll find it at this URL: http://home.clara.net/chipp/news.html

Be sure to visit our parent site, UFO INFO, with its myriad array of news and features. Log in at http://ufoinfo.com/

Back issues of UFO ROUNDUP are available at our page at http://ufoinfo.com/roundup/

That's it for this week. To our readers in Bolivia, enjoy your Dia de Cochabamba holiday today. We'll be back next Sunday with more saucer news from "the paper that goes home--UFO ROUNDUP."

UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 1997 by Masinaigan Productions, all rights reserved. Readers may post any news item from UFO ROUNDUP at their websites or in newsgroups provided that they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list the date of the issue in which the item first appeared.

UFO ROUNDUP Volume 2 Number 35 • Neperos (2024)
Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Laurine Ryan

Last Updated:

Views: 6153

Rating: 4.7 / 5 (57 voted)

Reviews: 80% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Laurine Ryan

Birthday: 1994-12-23

Address: Suite 751 871 Lissette Throughway, West Kittie, NH 41603

Phone: +2366831109631

Job: Sales Producer

Hobby: Creative writing, Motor sports, Do it yourself, Skateboarding, Coffee roasting, Calligraphy, Stand-up comedy

Introduction: My name is Laurine Ryan, I am a adorable, fair, graceful, spotless, gorgeous, homely, cooperative person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.